The Australian Business Economists Schools Conference – COVID: Impacts on the economy and the labour market, monetary policy responses
An event for high school students in years 10, 11 and 12 and their teachers
Date: Tuesday 27 October 2020
Time: 1.30pm – 3pm AEDT
Venue: Online via Zoom
The Australian Business Economists Schools Conference -COVID: Impacts on the economy and the labour market, monetary policy responses will begin with a highly relevant presentation from a senior Reserve Bank official. It will follow with a panel session featuring four young and successful economists who will talk about their education journey, career and economics in the real world.
This panel session will include a focus on how the study of economics has been critical to their career success. The conference will conclude with an open discussion in which teachers and students will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Please register your interest to attend here.
– Welcome and introduction
Stephen Walters, ABE Chair and Chief Economist, NSW Treasury
– COVID and the economy: Local and global
Natasha Cassidy, A/g Deputy Head, Economic Analysis, Reserve Bank of Australia
– Panel: Economics in an emergency
- Besa Deda, Chief Economist, St.George Banking Group (Moderator)
- Elysse Morgan, Business & Finance Journalist, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Alex Joiner, Chief Economist, IFM Investors
- Emily Blythe, Associate – Global Funding Group, Group Treasury, Westpac
- Megan Paybody, Manager – Economics, Regulation & Policy Group, Ernst & Young
– Panel discussion with audience
– Concluding remarks and close
Australian Business Economists (ABE) aims to encourage greater understanding of economic issues by fostering debate in the financial markets, business and commercial sectors and across the community in general. Website: abe.org.au
BEA Biennial Conference 2020 ‘Food & Futures’ – CANCELLED
Due to the extraordinary circumstances presently being experienced due the COVID-19, the BEA COnference has been cancelled for 2020.
BEA Travel Grant to attend RBA Teacher Immersion Event 2020 – CANCELLED
We regret to inform you RBA has advised the following event has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 concerns. We apologise for any inconveniences caused.