Why should students enter the Competition?
Business Planning enables students to see the interconnectedness in business operations allowing them to have an in-depth understanding of business functions. Introducing the Competition as part of your teaching and assessment will provide a real world context for student learning.
Download the information brochure containing:
- entry form
- competition criteria
- competition divisions
- information about judging/presentation ceremony
- contact details for state/territory coordinators
NOTE: Entries must be submitted to state/territory associations by close of business
Thursday 30 August 2018.
National Coordinator, Plan Your Own Enterprise Competition
Business Educators Australasia (BEA)
PO Box 361 ABBOTSFORD VIC 3067
P: 1800 631 203 E: email@example.com
- Keep it simple – the plan should be a clear and concise overview.
- Bigger isn’t better – small business concepts are preferable.
- Business plans should reflect a strong degree of professionalism and organisation.
- Plans exceeding the word limit (a maximum of 3,000 words plus appendices) will be excluded from the competition.
2017 winning plans
National Division 1 (Individual)
Australian Capital Territory
Name: Jessica Lauc
School: Merici College
Leadz will manufacture a new concept in dog leads that can be worn comfortably by dogs and provide practical compartments where tidy bags and dog treats can be stored. The primary slogan of Leadz is Take the Lead representing the innovative and playful nature of the brand.
National Division 2 (Group)
Names: Elise Atkins, Jack Bellinger, Ashley Chamberlin, Jacob Holm and Connor McLean
School: Hopetoun P-12 College
MSR – Mallee Sports and Rec
Located in the southern Mallee district about 400 kilometres North West of Melbourne, MSR is a store providing for a wide range of outdoor and sporting equipment to cater for the needs of local residents and tourists. Well located near sporting fields, Lake Lascelles and close to other shops, this partnership’s mission is for a happier and healthier Hopetoun.