Business Educators ACT provides teachers of accounting, business, civics and citizenship, economics, financial literacy, global studies, legal studies, and political studies with a range of professional learning and networking opportunities that aim to help them be effective teachers for their students.
BEACT’s activities include:
- providing support and assistance in developing resources for teaching and learning
- promoting commerce and civics/legal education to relevant organisations, students and families
- publishing and distributing materials of educational significance
- designing and facilitating a range of professional learning and networking opportunities
- brokering learning partnerships between industry, academia, government, schools, teachers and training organisations for the benefit of students
- representing ACT commerce and civics/legal educators on national bodies such as Business Educators Australasia
- providing advice to relevant education bodies and organisations about commerce and civics/legal education.
$60 per school/college
Lake Tuggeranong College
Secretary / Treasurer / BEA Councillor
School Improvement Branch, ACT Education Directorate